First off I would like to dedicate this blog to my friend Sarah Nolan, without her I would not have this story to tell. Also without her encouragement to share my story with others I never would have done so.
It was an evening like many others, we had plenty of time and not a lot to do with it. Soon we were again sucked into the nothingness, which consists of some quality computer time and a little gossiping while we kind of watch something on the TV, at Savannah's house. After a little discussion we decided that it would be best for us to venture out to retrieve a movie and some ice cream. Albertsons grocery store is not located far from Savannah's and since there was also a redbox located there it seemed to be a wise destination where we could pick up everything we needed. We jumped into the car and were happily on our way.
It was raining as we pulled into the parking lot so we pulled up to the redbox machine and debated what our next move would be. We decided that one of us could hop out and go rent the movie while another could go inside to get ice cream. It seemed that everything was settled until it became clear that no one knew what kind of ice cream they wanted. What happened next is all kind of a blur.
I already had the back driver side door open when I said "I think we're all just going to have to get out and go inside." None of us were very happy about a walk through the parking lot in the rain however we all agreed. Since my door was already open I figured that I would save myself a little sogginess and jump out there. What I did not know was that Sarah had not noticed the open door behind her and had already begun to drive away as I was getting out. While Sarah and I were both oblivious to each others differing paths Savannah began to see a horrible scenario unfold. I had one foot out the door when Sarah pressed on the gas, what stopped both of us was Savannah's bloodcurdling scream.
If it were not for Savannah's screaming I may not be here today and I shudder to think of what would have happend if she had not been as observant as she was that evening. Savannah, I owe you one and if Sarah is ever about to run you over with her car I will surely return the favor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
SOOO funny! Well done!
I'm always there for you Can!!! I too am glad that I was able to save your life. :)
Oh my gosh, that is crazy! I'm glad you're all okay:)Nice story telling by the way!
HAHAHAHAHA She's always been a bit of a lead foot-ask her about her 2 tickets in an hour!
Ha ha ha!!! Definitely a lead foot! "BUSTED...."
OMG OMG! We could have lost you forever! :) Thanks so much Savanaha for saving our dear Candice!
Annual blogs do not suffice! That's it, your NEXT goal is to write a new post. How about our recent fiasco returning from "Knowing"...?
Post a Comment