Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It's the new year! Really only a day ago it was 2008 and although only one day has passed it seems like a new beginning in so many ways. I know most new year's resolutions fade only a few weeks, maybe months if you're lucky, after the year begins. So I will not make any... well at least I won't call them resolutions. Maybe just a list of things I hope to accomplish in the year ahead. So without further ado here is my wish list for 2009.

1- I'm gonna finally put that Golds Gym membership to good use, that's right you heard me I will work out in 2009... at least once.
2- I am going to finally bite the bullet and buy a place. Regardless of what goes on in the economy I'm doing it.
3- I am going to do something that scares me, as often as I am given the opportunity to. Well maybe not every time I have the opportunity but I will definitely break out of my comfort zone a little bit.
4- I will become more organized... I don't know how, but it would be really something if I could make that happen. I will find a way to make it happen.
5- I am going to clean out and wash that poor dirty car of mine.
6- I am going to do more for people other than myself. I pledge to be a less selfish Can in 2009.
7- I will make better decisions when it comes to eating choices. Basically I'm going to try to cut down on the junk food, not cut it out... Oh and as for caffeine that is probably here to stay in some form 'til at least 2010.
8- I will stop using work as an excuse to not have a life. I know some of you probably passed out after you read that, or you are shaking your head saying "yeah right." I'm serious!
9- I am going to stop spending my time and energy on activities and people that just end up making me upset, hurt or sad. So along with french fries I shall also cut down on the self destructive behavior.
10- I will be a happy person this year! I will appreciate what I have and try to forget about what I don't. I am lucky in many ways and I am going to remember it.

Well friends there you have it, my list of hopes for myself for the new year. I know that with a new start we mostly talk about making changes. I say keep what makes you better and get rid of what makes things worse. I am working on ridding my life of things that have made it a little bit harder than necessary. However there are many things about the coming year that I hope do not change from the last. So to all those people who have made my life better thank you! Hopefully you know who you are because I was planning on keeping you around. Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Brad and Liz said...

Ha ha, good blog Can:) I will be your gym buddy for that "one time" Hopefully we can attempt to go at least twice:)

Candice said...

Yeah Savannah wants to go twice too, I say why over do it?

Anonymous said...

Candice, Great Blog! I laughed, I cried! Two Thumbs Way Way Up! It deserves 5 Massive STARS! :D Here is to a New Year with Old Friends and New Beginnings! You Rock.

Unknown said...

Strong work! I'm excited to see where 2009 takes you. :)